Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mazakon




This was written a month ago on my birthday, but for some reason it didn't post.
I turn 28 today! Yay! Here's to 28 years of life so far! 2 years til 30! So excited to joke that I'm turning 21 when I turn 30!


If you adhere to the theory that life starts after high school, I've been out of high school now 10 years, and so it's been a nice 10 years of life! Yay!

Btw, just looked up Mazakon (see previous entry) and it reads like a "Cosmopolitan" magazine survey: If you answered "Yes" to any of the following questions, you might be a Mazakon!

1. A person who is spoiled by his mother and cannot gain independence from his parents.
2. A person who cannot stand up to his mother and does whatever he is told.
3. A person who wants his female love interests to look like his mother.
4. A person who has romantic feelings toward older women who are close to his mother’s age.

No. 3 and No. 4 definitely don't apply unless I have some subconscious Freudian id I don't know about, but No. 2 has a hint of truth to it (I've backed down, I admit) but No. 1 is definitely the one that should get the most attention: I still live within one hour proximity of my parents and go home to visit them at least once every other week. Have I not gained independence? Here's where the magazine would say "You have a 60-75% chance of being a Mazakon!" 

Upon further review a month later, I really am not a mazakon, but I probably do look for some of the characteristics in a potential spouse that I do in my mother: generous, smart, and with the same morals/ethics of how to treat people (like offering to pay for dates, for example, which in all serious was what turned me off of my previous dates when they didn't). I think many men care deeply (whether they like to admit it or not) about how the women in their lives view them, whether it be their moms, sisters, or girlfriends/ wives. It's only natural that they value similar characteristics in all of those important figures in their lives. I do too. 

Fantasize on, 

Robert Yan 

No comments: