Sunday, October 25, 2009

NFL week 7 run-down


Uh-oh. Has the Alex Smith era started? He replaces Shaun Hill mid-game and promptly throws a strike to Vernon Davis to cut the Houston lead in half.



Darren Sproles is an LT injury away from becoming the main guy for San Diego. Maybe not even an injury. Or the injury is already there. Whatever it is, congratulations on getting sproles instead of LT this year.



Is Favre-to-Sidney Rice the new Young-to-Jerry Rice combo?



Percy Harvin does kickoff returns too? --- the guy just has skills. And..........the ref just got demolished.

Tom Brady right on track again w/ 3 TD's, but 2 INT's? Who on the Bucs has the capability of intercepting a pass?

Ok, I'm sold on Matt Schaub now. Especially since he's healthy.

Did the Nike 10k marathon at USC on Friday night. Quite the experience. Did 10k in 51 minutes +, which is the equivalent of like 8 minutes per mile. Not bad, especially since I've never run that far continuously in my life. Reminds me of 7th grade cross country: I was a pretty chubby kid and could not run very fast, but I endured. I've come a long way. It's hard to describe the feeling that comes over you when running a race like that. Part of me was like, "wow you're doing good, keep going, you're gonna appreciate yourself after you finish." There definitely was the part of, "you're tired, stop running, your body's telling you to quit," but that was trumped by the sight of other people running just as fast, your desire to finish, and a little bit of practice on my part (had been running about 3 miles at a time before). O, and it helped that it was a cool night w/ a slight breeze, but not too cold so as to inhibit you. Perfect conditions, I'd say.

Although I was impressed w/ myself for getting done in 51 minutes, the guy who won was 29 minutes.......Ok, so I wasn't that impressive. That guy could have done 15k and still beat me. Sick human beings, the LeBron James's of cross-country running, if you will.

Fantasize on (about running a 29-minute 10k,)

Robert Yan

No comments: