Thursday, February 8, 2007

gay NBA players?

If anyone besides me is reading this blog, u gotta check out this podcast:
http://basketballrevolution.podomatic.com/

It's a great radio-based show on fantasy basketball and the NBA in general, conducted by my good pal Ryne Nelson and his bro. I'm listening to their latest episode right now on gay NBA players, and it's cracking me up. Tracy McGrady said recently that at least 5% of NBA players are homosexual, and we're all curious who is and isn't.

They say Carmelo. I say no.
Ron Artest- very possible. Love his fantasy game the last couple weeks tho.

I'm gonna be at the IHSA chess tournament rooting on my alma mater Hinsdale South High School this saturday, so I may not catch up on some NBA stats that day. But otherwise I'm all good for awhile, so stay tuned.

Kobe Bryant has 8 turnovers as we speak. That's his main problem for fantasy: turnovers. That and somewhat of a lack of defensive numbers. He's all-defensive team, but his stls and blks don't necessarily reflect that........not the 2.0 STl's that jordan averaged thruout his career.

Ruben Patterson is heating up. Talk about defensive studs, he's one, and looks like his offensive game is picking up a bit. I don't think that'll be sustained tho.

Doug Christie has 2 consecutive 10-day contracts, and this is a guy who steals like crazy, i think he averaged something like 1.3 stls in 12 mins per last season, he's a good source of stls but almost nothing else. Maybe 3's ? I seem to remember him hitting a bunch of key 3's in Sac-town during their golden days, but whatever. You don't need him.

Jason Kapono is a stud. I loved him at UCLA and he's finally found his groove on the south beach. Must have been the bears influence. He's also in the 3-point contest this saturday, which i think is very intriguing. You got mike miller, gilbert arenas, kapono, jason terry, and of course the reigning champ, dirk nowitzki. I love that. I'm taking the inspired hibachi.

Dirk had a monster game last night, the most surprising being that he had 3 stls, 4 blks to go w/ his offensive numbers. I traded him, andre miller, and monta ellis for tim duncan and carmelo anthony when anthony got suspended in a league where tim duncan is worth a bit more than dirk, interestingly enuff. So far it's worked out for me but not enuff dirk has those nights often.

Alright that's all i got.

Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

No comments: