Saturday, February 3, 2007

Fantasy Guru Kickoff Blog!

Hi My name is Robert Yan, a.k.a. The Fantasy Guru, and this is my first blog on fantasy sports ever and would appreciate any feedback you would like to give on how to improve it.
I am a sophomore in Finance at the University of Illinois and the president of Illinois Fantasy Football here in Urbana-Champaign.

I've been playing fantasy sports since 2002, the days when fantasy icons like marshall faulk, michael jordan, and sammy sosa were still anchors on fantasy teams. Ah, how time flies, throughout the years I have played fantasy sports primarily on Yahoo! sports but have also used other services for various sports such as hoops.sports.ws., nba.com, and foxsports.net, accumulating lots of experience in playing fantasy sports and more importantly, on player statistics and drafts.
I figure that I can express my views on fantasy sports through this forum and air my thoughts out for all to see. To begin:

Since it is the middle of NBA season, I have to touch on some various stories going on in the NBA:

I just picked up steve blake as a spot start for tonight against sacramento, and it seems he will get the start w/ AI not traveling w/ the team..... blake dished out 14 dimes last night and could repeat those numbers against a weak Kings defense.

J-Kidd has been a fantasy stalwart all year but the last few games he has been less than impressive........i praised him previously for being strong on the court despite the domestic problems, but recently his minutes has decreased, he's not the same player in the last week, and the nets have lost 5 out of 7, including 2 blowout losses. The nets in general look like they're in trouble; i wouldn't touch any of their fantasy players besides j-kidd because of carter's inconsistencies and jefferson's injury, but now even j-kidd looks somewhat loose.

Mike Miller, Andre Miller, and Brad Miller are for some reason unbeknownst to me on the same fantasy team in one of my leagues. To assess their season: Mike has been much improved and is just a deadly shooter, one has gets free rein to chuck it up from 3 any time he wants, so his value will remain around the same the rest of the season, especially if Pau gets traded. I predicted andre would be second fiddle to AI2 in philly after getting traded and see a decline in play, but he's kept it up since then........he does dish out slightly fewer assists but all of his other stats remain at their previous levels. Brad Miller, to me, has always been overrated. He's a guy I think who plays out of position and doesn't provide any interior defense OR offense, for that matter, he does have offensive game with his assits and boards and good %'s, but this season he's been enigmatic and I don't know if his recent incline in fantasy value will persist.........I would rather have bibby, martin, or artest any day over miller unless i REALLY needed a center.

But yea thanks for tuning in to my first blog. I look to make this a daily thing or at least a semi-daily occurence since fantasy sports of all kinds are on my mind all day every day.

Fantasize on,
Robert yan

No comments: