Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Waiting.....and Waiting

O boy, this waiting for LSAT scores is really dominating my mind right now. I'm thinking about it 24/7. It's even in my dreams! Last night I dreamt I got a 168 on the test and was actually pretty content about it, emailed my professor about it, it all seemed so realistic. But then I woke up and found out it all wasn't true, and I still have like 2 days to go til those scores come out. Urgghh.......The longer this process goes, the more I try to go back in my mind and go over individual questions and the likelihood that I got them right, how many I may have missed in each section, what my worst-case score is, what my best-case score is. Right now I've set my 95% confidence interval at 165-172. I think that's fairly accurate. Let's hope I'm leaning more towards the right side of my own scale than the left side.


Anyways, I promised fantasy discussion and you're gonna get fantasy discussion. Some unfiltered, unadulterated, uninterrupted, exclusive fantasy football discussion. Where to start? Man, at the beginning of this season all the rage was about getting 2 stud RB's for your first 2 picks, and boy there are a lotta fantasy football owners out there kicking themselves for employing that strategy. I am, alas, one of those people. Shaun Alexander + Willis McGahee? Not very good. Coulda some stud QB's/WR's. Travis Henry + Rudi Johnson? One's being suspended soon, the other is on a bad team, getting older, and just playing poorly. Reggie Bush + Willie Parker? This is the only one that I feel good about, especially now that i traded Fast Willie for LJ and the Bush gets all the RB carries in the Big Easy, but still, a lotta people got smacked in the. The other culprits: ( Maurice Jones-Drew, Cedric Benson, Frank Gore, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Jacobs, and the big one, STEVEN JACKSON!) All of these backs suffer currently from lackaproduction, the symptoms of which are excessive fumbling, humbling injuries, splitting carries, and general ineptitude.

I stand corrected in Plax leading the league in Rec TD's. Well he is, but he's tied w/ Moss w/ 8. Moss has just been so sick this year. After drafting him in virtually all my leagues last year and none this year, I feel like the only guy in eighth grade not having a Pokemon cartridge.

Derek Anderson has more Td's (14) than Carson Palmer has (12). Who woulda thunk it. This guy came out of the scrap heap to put up some big numbers, mainly to his main man Braylon Edwards, another WR i passed on. Darn it! I drafted Andre Johnson big, and he was big, but for 2 games. Then injuries have sidelined him. Meanwhile, Braylon has exploded to the tune of 552 yds, 7 TD's. I imagine Braylon owners everywhere are collectively feeling sorry for me right now. Yes, I do feel the pity.

Peyton actually only has 10 pass TD's so far, but he did mix in a rush TD and Indy will still put up points. He'll be fine. Like I needed to tell you.

Every year it becomes painfully that I should draft Brian Westbrook and Marion Barber III, but I never do. Of course, all they've done is be two of the more productive backs in the league, much better than the peanut crew I listed above. If there's anyone I'd get right now, though, It'd be Joseph Addai. He's coming off injury, he's on a sick Indy offense that'll give any RB a Paul Bunyon-sized plot of running room, and the man himself is a freak athlete. If you doubt me, go back to the week4 hurtle-move that he put on a Texan defender to get into the end zone. Then come back here and digest what I just said.

This might be going against popular opinion, but I'd try to sell high on Brett Favre right now while I can. Sure the Packers have no running game and are a good offense overall, so Brett should have plenty of opportunity to do tons of damage, right? I dunno. I think for the rest of his career #4's fantasy value will never be as high ever again, and you can get a good player for him now, when at the beginning of the season u probably got Brett in the last rounds of the draft. This guy is still gonna be reckless with his interceptions. Watch out!


Fantasize on,
Robert yan

No comments: