Friday, October 26, 2007

End of longest week ever

This week was quite possibly one of the busier weeks I've ever had in my life..................I didn't expect so much stuff to pile on, but snowball it did. I've already made the list of things that I did, but I think everyone has one of those "hell weeks" where everything just happens to fall.

Had a Conversations w/ Leaders session yesterday and today. Really good one for me today w/ Lee Shapiro, he was a UIUC grad who went on to Georgetown Law and graduated from U of Chicago w/ J.D. Really intelligent guy, CEO of his own company, would love to turn into that guy some day.

Just got an email today about Sunny Skies Day Camp- not good news, I'm afraid- camp has discontinued, and much of the staff is moving over to the sister camp, Camp Kinneret. Grrrrrr. That site was really fun. Wish it woulda continued. Now I gotta really contemplate what I should do this summer before going to law school. My parents want me to get an internship/ business job. I prolly should, but being a camp counselor is so much fun!

Survivor: China getting really interesting. Last week in a twist that i thought was really unfair, ( blatantly unfair, actually), Aaron and James got moved over to Zhan Hu and promptly got outvoted by the existing Zhan Hu people, and Aaron left after Zhan Hu totally threw the immunity challenge. This week, though, Todd ( the self-possessed biggest fan of Survivor) found kidnapped James over to Fei Long and made him give him the clue to work together in a grand strategy to beat the Zhan Hu members that involved throwing the challenge, but to Todd and James's surprise, Zhan Hu instead tries HARD to win immunity this time and get it, and Fei Long loses a member in Cherea. REALLY interesting episode, actually, and things hint at a merge next episode w/ the 2nd immunity idol found. Phew. Again, wish I was on that show.

One of my life goals before turnin 30: Be on Amazing Race, Big Brother, or Survivor. Or some other great reality show ( quality ones, not like "The Next Great Pole Dancer" or something like that.

Big Brother people, have your people call my people.

Fantasy sports now. Time to play the game " He IS who we THOUGHT he was!" made popular by ESPN. I'm gonna name a player and tell you if he meets my expectations of him or if he did somethin totally different.


1.) L.T. = He IS who we THOUGHT he was! After a slow start, L.T.'s back on track and ready to go back to his scoring ways. Won't set any records this year, but look for 20 total TD's still.
2.) Wilis McGahee = He IS who we THOUGHT he was! Puts up a bunch of yards and gets a lotta carries in BAL's offense, but doesn't find end zone much because of BAL's O.
3.) Braylon Edwards= He IS who we THOUGHT he was! Broke out in 3rd year. Why didn't I draft him again?
4.) Tom Brady= NOT who i thought he was. Much better. Much much better. See Randy Moss.
5.) Maroney= NOT who i thought he was. Been sidelined by injury bugs this year, but w/ that offense, he should be getting easy carries. Fantasy beastdom was within his reach. He fumbled.
6.) Cedric Benson = He is who I thought he was. Not necessarily we. Cedric the Entertainer was a 2nd-round draft pick. I doubt even people in Chicago would take him w/ a 5th round pick if we redrafted.
7.) Dwyane Bowe = He IS who we...............we never thought anything about him cuz we don't know about him. A rookie in KC, he has freakish abilities. I woulda said Adrian Peterson here, but people knew about him. And still drafted him in like the 5th round. That includes me.


There's ur daily dose of fantasysportguru, guys. Big fantasy basketball draft tommorrow for me, even bigger live draft on sunday.


-Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

No comments: