Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The U.S. Medicine Racket

A racket is a service that is fraudulently offered to solve a problem, such as for a problem that does not actually exist, that will not be put into effect, or that would not otherwise exist if the racket were not to exist

The following is a short rant by Robert Yan that probably belongs somewhere on facebook or could be construed as some sort of reverse, concern-troll type of post. I assure you it is genuine.


I unfortunately have acne. Over the last year I have found a way to control that acne pretty effectively with the help of a dermatologist (online dermatologist, the best kind) called minocycline 100mg. I take one pill every day orally and I have had some of the best non-acne skin since like age 14. It's felt great and has been a much-needed relief. I would do almost anything not to go back to when I had pretty severe acne, and I'm sure many fellow acne sufferers would say the same.

Unfortunately, my dermatologist, for whatever reason, doesn't want me on the oral pill anymore. She says due to concerns about antibiotic resistance and some side effects, she doesn't want to me rely on the oral pill. She suggests using purely topical medications that one rubs onto one's face every day. She's a doctor, but I know my skin, and I totally disagree. I think my acne is totally a body function issue like producing hormones and starts from some internal process, and nothing topical can be done about it. The oral pill perfectly stunts the production of oils/ acne glands/ blackheads right at the source. It's the most effective medicine. I have never had any side effects with taking these oral medications, and I'm fine with just taking one pill a day for the rest of my life as long as I don't get acne anymore. I know it's kind of a petty thing and there's other people suffering from serious diseases who should receive more attention, but as I'm sure other people who suffer from acne would concur with, living with acne is very difficult, it's hard to look people straight in the eye, and it's just downright embarrassing, completely changing the way one lives life.

Unfortunately, I can't go around the dermatologist and just get the minocylcine myself because it is a prescription-only medication. I have done some research on getting drugs through online websites and other countries, but these methods are unknown and expensive. What I'm upset about is that the U.S. pharmaceutical industry forces citizens to go to a dermatologist/ other doctor to get drugs such as 100mg minocycline, costing the average citizen hundreds of dollars. It's to me completely a racket for the medical profession. Other countries sell these drugs over the counter, but NOOOO in the U.S. we are forced to be tied down by a doctor, even though we know what drug we need. I'm not even sure who to blame, whether it's the medical field, the pharmaceutical industry, or U.S. Laws. I'm just pissed off and not gonna take it anymore! (Well, actually, I'll have to keep taking this drug). It's really an unfortunate situation and I'm sure there are other instances out there of people needing medication only to be restricted by this medicine racket.

End of rant. Please return to your normally scheduled activities.

Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

No comments: