Monday, May 7, 2012

Nose to the Grindstone- A Poem of Sorrow and Regret



Nose to the Grindstone


 O how I dread Monday Mornings
 Sunday nights become advance warning
s Like an impending doom
 Can’t sweep it away with a broom
 Wish I could fly away like ZOOM.

 Judges are on the attack
 Opposing counsel no holding back
 Attitude these lawyers do not lack.
 When did trying to do by my client right
 Become such an uphill fight?

 Dealing with bosses
 Coping with Courtroom losses
 By eating burritos with special sauces
 Sitting in front of a screen all day
 Watching life drift away.

 No time for friends,
 No time for email sends,
 Wish time really bends,
 So I could go back to a happier time
 Where I could drop everything on a dime
 And taking an off day wasn’t a crime.

 Never wanted to grow up
 Always stay a little pup
 Now life’s grown on me quick as a hiccup
 Now I really know why they say that little ditty
 With great power comes great responsibility

. Social life totally out of the way,
 Just trying to get through it day by day.
 Don’t have the energy to go out and par-tay.
 No time to satiate parental demand for a wife. 
 Why o why did I choose this life?


 Fantasize on, Robert Yan

No comments: