Monday, March 1, 2010

Pandora's Box

You know the feeling you get where you did something wrong and it's like all hell's broken loose? I'm getting that feeling now. I did something on Wednesday of last week that I regret, (for argument's sake let's say I took the fruit from the poisoned tree = an annoying tax law term), and now everything's going downhill for me.

1. Computer was a bit screwey before Wednesday, but afterwards it's like nail come down on the coffin and it's definitely on its last straws. Even as I type on it right now, I feel like it's watching me and deciding when to show the blue screen of death and end itself. At least a $500 purchase coming for a new computer that I need to dole out = there goes my spring break money.

2. Lost our prolonged Axis and Allies game = wasn't totally clear on the rules and thus lead to my ultimate demise, but still, heartbreaking.

3. Lost our IM basketball game in OVERTIME after ref botched a call at the end of regulation on our best player = epic officiating fail.

4. Did NOT get recruited by Survivor (or any other show) as I was walking around Santa Monica, looking good as always.

5. To top off the week, I get my wallet stolen right out from under my nose at the basketball courts at USC.... Ironically, right after I had played a board game with my friends called "Thief." Geez, if someone was trying to send me a message, that went right over my head. The thief that stole my wallet too was ambitious, as I was playing on the court within plain view of my pants at all times, and he had the nerve to take it right out of my pants.......it just makes my blood boil. I feel probably how a lot of crime victims feel, unfortunately.....it's not just the pain endured economically from losing my wallet and the time loss from scrambling around today calling credit card companies and filing stolen wallet reports w/ Department of Safety, it's the humiliation, the knowledge that I've been had, someone got the best of me and there's nothing I can do, that I'm powerless in the world to stop this stuff from happening to me.

Spring break cannot come fast enough. I got off to a pretty strong start to the year motivation-wise and work-wise, finding a summer position AND getting a rough draft of my note while paying attention in classes, but I've definitely hit a rut and need some time to lick my wounds, find a better computer, and recover from the pandora's box that opened as a result of my biting the fruit from the poisoned tree. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

Btw, Andray Blatche owners, enjoy the ride. The Beast from the East will be ripping my team and many others to shreds while causing major damage to my playoff positioning right before the fantasy basketball postseason. Praise the name of Andray.

Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

No comments: