Saturday, December 1, 2007

First post of december

Hey y'all, after november, i've done 50 posts! Yay! That many for starting in february of this year. I'm excited!

What I'm NOT excited about, however, is my last letter of recommendation that hasn't gotten to LSAC yet, or at least hasn't been processed. I have all my applications for law school ready to go, but this 3rd letter hasn't come yet......I need to get these apps out, I had set an initial deadline to get them done during thanksgiving break, but that's passed........darn. Hopefully I'll get it next week sometime, but if worst comes to worst i have 2 letters from my ( pals) Professor Hedeman and Professor Kibbee, hopefully that'll be good enough.

Watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Only one that i haven't seen yet. Also watching West Virginia vs. Pitt in the 4th quarter, PITT IS UP BY 3 POINTS! If west virginia wins, they go to national championship game. This is unbelievable. If they lose, it'll be like the 5th time this season a #1 or #2 ranked team lost to an unranked team. And I believe the 4th time it's happened AT HOME! WTFFFF????? This is ridiculous. Does anyone in the nation wanna win the national championship. At the same time, Missouri is tied at halftime against Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship game. If THEY lose, they lose their chance at a national championship. Crazy.

Illini might be going to the rose bowl? I like.......i'd be right at home when they play in pasadena. Rose Bowl, here we come!


Aight, some basketball stuff, i've been the most interested in basketball for some reason in 2007 and can't find a reason not to write about it. It's not that i don't like football anymore, it's just that the glory is gone. Basketball is such a more ongoing, day-to-day obsession that makes me get up every morning. Football............how many times during the week can i change my kicker and 2nd-guess who's my 3rd WR? I suppose it doesn't hurt that i play basketball a lot now. ( And getting pretty good at it, not to be vain).

Have I touted how much of a stud Josh Smith is yet? Boy is just absolutely ridiculous, he's already had a couple games this year he's had like 5 stls, 4 blks, getting really close to a 5x5 game.

Watching NJ finally starting to pull away from philadelphia at home in a barn-burner. They didn't start vince carter today not because of injury or anything but in a (i suppose) san antonio spurs-like move where they're putting one of their best players in the 2nd team, like what the spurs do w/ manu ginoblli. GINOBLLI! I guess it'll work today cuz they'll win, but i doubt that that's gonna be a good move.


Lebron James- the more i hate on this guy, the better he gets, so I suppose I should start touting this guy's merits........although, he was in street clothes the last game ( in a cavs lost, btw) and is questionable for his next game. That team is irreplaceable without him. It's like if eric gordon had come to the illini. If they got him, they'd be a top 20 team. Now that they DON't have him, they're like a top 200 team. J/k, they won't be that bad, but i doubt they make it into NCAA tournament nor finish high in Big Ten tournament.

What is going on in this movie? I mean, I read harry potter and the chamber of secrets, a.k.a. the 2nd one, but I don't remember some of this stuff. They all mix together into one big mush. I mean, I've read all the harry potters and i appreciated them, but they're not THAT good. That might be a minority opinion, but it's mine.


Tonight is a big game for Brad Miller. His Kings face the Houston Rockets. I just need him to get rebounds, play some defense against Yao, don't get blocked, don't throw bad passes, shoot a few open 16-footers, and call it a night.

Brett Favre got injured in Thursday night's game against Dallas. That almost made me forget to write that the packers lost. Tommorrow, Giants-bears. My friend justin is inviting a bunch of us for "one last turkey," watchin the game at 3:15PM. That's a bold move on his part cuz he'll be rootin for the G-men in a room full of bears fans.


Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

No comments: