Sunday, June 17, 2007

wrap it up

Listening to the bumblebee song, made popular by DDR, i guess.......never really played that game, perhaps part of the reason i've never really known how to dance.
I AM very interested, however, with things happening in China.......I watch a bunch of contemporary TV series with my parents whenever they get them, and I try to catch up on my mandarin by speaking at home as well as watching these shows. I could see myself one day going back there if only for a vacation or for business, maybe even staying there for awhile to establish myself. That wouldn't be so bad.

Lol, well, my leisure days of the summer have officially wrapped up, as I officially start work tommorrow at the summer day camp i counselor at........Sunny skies day camp, baby! I am looking forward to all the crazy days at camp, but know that I will be exhausted upon returning home and busy as a bee on many occasions, with very little free time. Speaking of which, i'll have to get started on reviewing the camp songs.........

The NBA finals, the NBA playoffs, and NBA season all wrapped up on thursday when the spurs won Game 4 against the Cleveland Cavaliers and completed the sweep of them. What was noticeable in these playoffs was for me the number of suprises in the beginning series, what with golden state dominating the defending champ mavs and later cleveland beating detroit..........that REALLY surprised me, people were writing off cleveland after a 2-0 deficit. I was absolutely right, however, when I said at the beginning of the playoff run that the spurs would win the whole thing. When they lost game 1 to the Nuggets, I posted on the blog, i told my basketball teacher, i put in my NBA playoff bracket on nba.com, i told everybody, " the spurs will be fine. They lost to the same team in 2005 when they won the whole thing." And sure enough, they did it again this season. Sure, many will argue that they benefited from david stern suspending amare and diaw in game 5 against the suns, or that they didn't have to face the mavs, but the fact is they won, and did it convincingly. The spurs are truly a dynasty of this era and cannot be overlooked among the best teams of all time.

No comments: