Wednesday, June 6, 2007

rich harden

Is rich harden the new kerry wood/ mark prior? As much as i love the guy, and i kno many others in fantasy land do, I do think he is very injury prone. In 2005 I had a man-crush on this guy despite some injuries, but when he was on, he was just a stud. But now? I dunno, man, i dunno. I hope the best for this guy, but he needs to put a healthy year together before i trust him.

Speaking of which, until Mark Prior puts together a healthy year, do you know what you do? You don't draft him, you don't trade for him, you don't give him any value. Cuz that's just fantasy baseball folks. The guy has not been healthy since 2003...........and that was a long time ago. I was taking the SAT's in 2003. Now I'm taking the LSAT's.

My asian brother chien ming wang threw a complete game win vs. the white sox tonight in chicago............do you kno that he finished 2nd in the AL CY Young voting last year? He had NINETEEN wins last year. I'm impressed. Anyway, he's never gonna put up great K numbers and his WHIP won't be too low, but he can be counted on for ERA and W's. As long as he plays for the Yankees. And yes he is the ace of the Yankees for now, i think MAYBE not when roger comes back but it won't be for awhile.

I still say the yankees can make the playoffs this year. Will they? Tough to say. Will they be over .500 by end of the year? Oh yes.

Who's a young, emerging arm? Ian Snell of the Pittsburgh Pirates. If only that guy were on a contending team. He has awesome stuff.

Man crush this year prototype #1: Eric Byrnes. Boy o boy I LOVE this guy! I drafted him in late rounds and has he produced! Right now he's like a 5-cat contributer, a fantasy stud. 11 SB's, 10 HR's? Where have these numbers come from? I guess in oakland he just didn't get enough opportunity, and really last year was a pretty good season. But has he EVER broken out this year. I expeted him to slump a bit after a hot april, but he is still going strong. I expect him to bat below .300, but otherwise all the other numbers should stay at their current pace.

-Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

No comments: