Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vegas, baby, Vegas!

I'm done with Vegas for awhile. I've gone three times in the last year and a half, and I'm really not that in love with it anymore. The bloom is gone, it's not just in my best interest. Here's a brief synopsis of what went on this weekend:


1.) At 5:00PM Friday afternoon, I got off my internship, tired from a long day of work and even longer week. Pick up everyone needed to go to Vegas, get something to eat at In N Out Burger, engage in 5-hour drive the Vegas.

2.) Arrive at Hotel.
3.) Drink.....Heavily.
4.) Go out on the Strip
5.) Gamble....Have some hope when win a bit at blackjack, but just give it right back soon after.
6.) Sleep at 5AM
7.) Wake up at 10AM, go to Wynn Buffett.
8.) Hang out by pool.
9.) Gamble more
10.) Watch sports game on multiple screens
11.) Go to club
12.) Sleep
13.) Go home.


This is usually the formula for Vegas,and for many it works well, and every time I've gone it's been some variation of that entertainment, but I'm not a big fan of it anymore. Here's some problems:

1.) Distance: It's a 500-mile both ways, so you waster about 5 hours each way, 10 hours out of your day. That's 10 hours I could've spent doing other things during a stress-free weekend, yo.
2.) Prohibitive cost: This is probably the biggie considering I don't have a full-time job lined up yet. It's $35 for the buffett, $40 a night for the rooms, gas money, drink money (everything's REALLY expensive in Vegas), and of course gambling losses.
3.) Noise, Drunkenness, and Extravagance: The 3 tenements of Vegas aren't the tenements I hold dear to my heart. Not my cup of tea. You go once to Vegas, experience everything that happens there, and then you're good for the whole experience.


Sorry for the negativeness. It might have to do with the fact that I lost this weekend in fantasy baseball and have been knocked out of my fantasy baseball playoffs. Sucks. The fantasy baseball gods did not respond to my requests!!!

Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

Sure, I like bonding with friends and getting together as a group. But I'm just saying, there's more enjoyable and (much) less expensive ways to do so. Vegas, I'll call you, don't call me.

No comments: