Sunday, September 26, 2010

NFL week 3

Continuing a theme from last year:

Live game coverage of the week in NFL.


Carolina Panthers, "thanks for playing."

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: "Let's not start sucking on each other's popsicles just yet, boys."


Austin Collie: "I love you man."

There's some problems with teh San Diego special teams. First Kansas City, then Leon Washington. (Ol' Leon almost went the distance TWICE returning kicks). If your defense/special teams has the Bolts on the schedule, give'em a look.

Uh, Mike Tolbert, put your helmet on, boy.

Eli Manning looked lost last night, like he got beat up by his older brother a while ago and lost all confidence in his abilities.

Michael Vick, I don't doubt you anymore. Born to run wild on the football field.

Feeling pretty good about Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson: doesn't look like those guys will miss a beat w/ the QB change.

Hot one in SoCal today. I swear, one of these years they gotta push the calendar back 2 months ot recalibrate the system: every year summer gets longer by a few days, winter comes in February, and everyone complains about it but doesn't do anything. But hey, what do I know?

Following the Mike Vick philosophy, maybe Charlie Batch should stay the QB for the steelers.......looked damn good today.


Thin line between heaven and hell: Vince Young of last week v. Vince Young of this week. Today he manages the game, hands off to Chris Johnson ample, and wins 29-10 against a good Giants team on the road. Last week's 4-INT debacle v. the Steelers will prohibit the Bigger than Giants Titans from fulfilling their playoff potential.

Still being proven right about DeAngelo "I give half of my carries over to Jonathan Stewart" Williams. That was a BIG "Don't Draft" before the season began.

Newsflash: Neither Chad "I can speak Spanish" Ochocinco nor Terrell "I will never own that guy ever again" Owens are the best receivers on their team. That distinction now belongs to the younger man, Jermaine Graham. ( a recurring theme in the NFL).

Whatever you do this season, DO NOT touch any Bills players. At least fantasy-wise. I'm not necessarily physically or anything--- that's up to you. Again, let's not start sucking each other's......

GATES, BABBBBBYYYYY!!!!!!! 20-18, Chargers within 2.

Michael "makes poor decisions" Crabtree may be the biggest bust since David Terrell. That game v. Texas might be his CAREER highlight.... he's definitely not creating any in the NFL.

Yo, can ANYONE stop Leon "not the annoying guy from the old 'Leon' commercials" Washington????? ANOTHER kickoff return for TD. Should be his 3rd of the day. STOP KICKING TO HIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!!!

Whooo weee, Anquan Boldin, 142 and 3 TD's. Were the Browns asleep??? Still got a softstop for Anquan "No regard for human life" Boldin, instrumental part of my first fantasy championship ever, way back in 2003. Still chuggin'.

If you owned the Pittsburgh "Steel Curtain" Steelers D, they probably single-handedly won your weeks for you the last 2 weeks. Enjoy that. Troy "perfect name for a former Trojan" Palomalu = good.

Tony "D.J.'s got us fallin' in love again" Gonzalez is back in my circle of trust.

Have I mentioned how much I love Austin "You can be my" Collie? 12 Rec., 171 yards, 2 TD's????? I know it's not cool to say "Yum" during a meal (direct quote from movie "Jules and Julia"), but YYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!

Adrian Peterson? My theory is after Brett Favre leaves after this year, he's going to deteriorate. So enjoy, AP owners. Jahvid "Not quite the best yet" Best will be a top 10 back by teh end of the season. Or already is.

Matt "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" Schaub is just that, he'll have an AWESOME game followed by a poor game, and your fantasy team will go the way he goes, unfortunately. If you wanna go 8-8 or 9-7, go for it. O, AND if he's not injured.

How the heck did the St. Louis "on some days, score less points than the baseball Cardinals" Rams score 30 points on the Redskins? That's not right, yo.

I'll pick 2 games against the spread in the remaining games (Dolphins-Jets, Bears-Packers this week):

I've got Miami (this is the "bad game" for Mark Sanchez, Dolphins in turmoil)

and I've got the Bears w/ the points (anticipate a close game, the Bears D is back in pretty good shape and the Packers have yet to convince me of everyone's Super Bowl expectations. So, predictability, I'm picking two home teams, as I'm guilty of doing probably too much. But I think I'm right. Even if I do get them right, though, I won't be sucking my own......just yet.

Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

No comments: