Saturday, June 22, 2024

GRWM (Get Ready with Me) videos

 Apparently these GRWM videos are all the rage among TikTok users and the teenage community; so popular it made it to tonight's Jeopardy. Must research. If I had to make a GRWM video in the morning (if I was a famous influencer who everyone was just dying to emulate my success), it'd "wake up, login, and start billing hours." The sooner the money starts flowing in, the better I feel. I get everyone is built different and not everyone is motivated by money, but it's amazing how quickly you wake up once the bills start getting paid. I did actually go online and do a little research, apparently it doesn't have to be just waking up, it's getting ready for an event. I saw Olivia Rodrigo applying makeup... I saw all I needed to see. It's not for me. My idea of "get ready" is get up off the couch, put on a clean shirt, wash my face (sometimes not even that, grab my keys, and walk out the door. Sometimes MJ will fix someone on my body. It'd be the world's shortest GRWM video: slam shut my laptop, get out the door. Under 1 minute. But also sunscreen! Apparently it's needed and your skin will thank you for it. 

I could have made a GRWM video for dodgeball back in the day (I played tonight and it felt great to be on the court, the adrenaline was pumping. Screw pickleball, I "tried something new" with pickleball and never got any adrenaline kick out of it, it was just a chore to stay in the kitchen or whatever they call it. Dodgeball just gives a great adrenaline high when the ball comes hurtling towards you, you're defenseless, and at the last second get out of the way or catch it. GWRM by putting on kneepads, do some basic stretches, throw a ball a few times against a wall to loosen up your arm so you don't throw it out, and voila! You're ready to play dodgeball! 

When MJ and I go on long car trips, I actually usually only put my alarm clock on 10 minutes before we have to go out the door: 5 minutes for putting on clothes, packing backpack, fill up large water bottle, wash face (again, optional) and then.......wait for MJ to be ready. Maybe I can find a hustle-hustle (ppalli-ppalli in Korean) GRWM influencer she can watch? 

GRWM for Korea: I've been to Korea several times now and you really need to be fully prepared to sit on a 15-hour flight from the U.S.- it's more of a psychological readiness more than anything. To sit in a dark room getting bad airplane food (as a kid I actually was fine with airplane food, nowadays I resent the lack of fresh veggies, the processed feel of it all, the wondering where the food just was before they froze it, feels like food they feed the army in as little space as possible), and worst of all, people sitting around you for 15 hours..... they better be nice people, or else you'll get what MJ dealt with recently on a Delta flight.... the person sitting behind her putting her feet onto her armrest!!!!! probably deserves a few more !!!!!!!!!!!! Unfathomable that someone would think that's OK, no matter how tired or out of it they were. Some people might just test the waters to see if they can get away with it if unpicky people like me don't complain......MJ is not one of those people. Passengers of the world, rest assured that MJ Lee spoke to the offender in a very stern tone and told her NEVER to do that ever again. Protect the sanctity of your armrest at all costs against invasive feet. You don't need a GRWM video for that. 

No comments: