Sunday, May 24, 2009

Doldrums

I've hit a rut. I didn't know it was possible to get writer's block in a write-off competition for law school, but alas it has happened. And what's this bluebooking business? Never heard of it...

My one fantasy team hit a combined 1 for 27 today for a .037 BA. Suffice it to say, not good. If I were the general manager for them in an actual team i'd give them all zero dollars on their checks for the day. Seriously, a bunch of the guys on my team (Alfonso Soriano, Rafael Furcal) make probably about $1,000 per at-bat, and they can't do anything but strike out. I can go up there and once in a while coax a walk or HBP, 'fons!

When I'm in the doldrums, sometimes I go for a run, sometimes I go for a swim, work out, play basketball. Alternatively, I listen to "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. Alternatively, I nap it off for a few hours, or vegetate in front of the TV. Never have I gotten out of the doldrums by chugging along on a write-off competition.

I don't know what to do with Garrett Atkins anymore. I'm sure most of you dropped him by now, but he's literally a guy who is the BEST CANDIDATE for a buy-low cuz he's at like negative value, yet the baseball gods pretty much dictate he's gonna turn it around and once he hits he won't stop. Problem is, he just absolutely can not do ANYTHING. Sometimes when a key guy is in a rut you point at the little things that are encouraging like hitting line shots right at somebody, getting a stolen base here and there, picking up bunt singles, Atkins is literally doing NOTHING. It's almost inconceivable that this guy's even a baseball player. Who is this guy?

Number of HR's Carlos Pena's gonna hit this year? Probably around the 38-40 range, right in between the total for the last 2 seasons.

Ryan Howard? Still will flirt w/ 50, definitely 45+. You just wait.

Be patient for Han-Ram's 30-30 (30 HR's, 30SB's.) He eventually gets there. However, I still woulda taken Pujols first overall as the Marlins just aren't scoring runs anymore after that 11-1 start, and that team overall strikes out WAY too much for HanRam to get the meat-and-potatoes numbers (R's and RBI's).

Unfortunately, Saturday night is a sign of things to come for Randy Wolf. Gets hit hard, gives up the big home run. At 32 going on 33, he ain't improving on that.

I dropped Randy Johnson even tho he was OK at seattle. I've had about enough, and he plays for SF, so wins are far and few between.

Joe Mauer might be the best hitter in MLB right now.

Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

(Happy Memorial Day, everybody- you know what big event comes right after!- that you need to watch!)

No comments: