Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dead Heat- Fantasy basketball playoffs

58 days 'til the National Spelling Bee (NSB). It's coming.

Fantasy hoops winding down and I'm leading my roto league by 2 points, in search of my first fantasy hoops crown. I write this in between the Saturday night/Sunday calm before the storm right before a paper's due on Monday. Meaning Sunday will be consumed w/ writing the paper and banging my head against the wall, taking "quick" snack breaks that turn into 20 minutes, finding excuses to check out my fantasy team, finding reprieve when my mom calls (I usually dislike calling my mom), checking my watch every 5 minutes to see how much time I've burned, etc., etc.. It's a vicious cycle, and I'm glad I'm updating my blog before it goes down.

Some dude in my league grabbed Anthony Randolph AS I was on the waiver wire page deciding whether or not to add him and drop Thabo Sefolosha. Urg. It's almost as if he's watching me in my room surfing my fantasy basketball page. Not that adding Randolph is bad, it's a cinch move now that everybody and their mother is shutting it down in Golden State, Nellie HAS to actually play frustrating fantasy options like Turiaf, Azubuike and Randolph. It's like flipping the latch on the cage and letting the caged bird sing. Beautiful.

Picked Pittsburgh to win in my faux-bracket. I say faux cuz I didn't join any group brackets this year due to my N'Orleans trip. Good thing, too, my Final Four is all gone except for Louisville, and that could be busted tomorrow. I'm so stupid w/ March Madness picks. No science, no reason, just blind faith.

I find that setting goals for myself (which I should have done scheduling-wise for my paper) is usually auspicious, so here are my goals for all the currently-rostered players on my (hopefully) championship-winning roto team: -also a good chance for you to evaluate my team

1.) Jose Calderon:
Continue to drill free throws and end w/ just 3 misses all season (as opposed to 131 makes and counting....) Amazing. Also, 9 assts/ per game would be nice...I know it's tough passing to that waste of space named Shawn Marion, but let's be positive! Yay team!

2.) Andre Miller: Ease up on the turnovers, Hoss. 13 in the last 3 games = No-no. Turnovers need to be less than 2x your steals.

3.) Jason Terry: All jets ahead. It's really simple, really. Run down the court, go to the corner, spot up for 3, wait for jason kidd no-look pass, catch ball, bend knees, see money signs around the hoop, let loose, hear swish. Don't play defense.

4.) David Lee: Go ahead and set the all-time record for doubles-doubles, baby. Go triple-triple if you can.

5.) Nowitzki: Improve your FG % to your 4-year avg.. I'm not gonna get on you for not hitting many 3's this season, but if you're inside the great beyond gotta hit from there too.

6.) Thabo: Do enough to allow me to keep you on my team.

7.) Horford: Hit double-digits in rebounding. You're at 9.3, last year you ended at 9.7........hit a milestone, kid.

8.) Ziggy: Stop looking so ugly. Also, just put your butt in the post and stay there. Lebron feed you ball, you put ball in hole.

9.) Stevie Blake: Be the rainmaker (2.1 three's) at my big firm, baby.

10.) Rasheed Wallace: out 10 games in a row. That must be some really good grass, 'Sheed. Time to get on court.

11.) Trevor Ariza. Pick pockets like no one's business. He gambles more than Charles Barkley and his fantasy game loves it, Phil not so much. Forget Phil, not like he's won many NBA championships or anything. Play for me, brother.

12.) Kevin Durant. Continue being a god. I worship the ground you shoot on.

Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

No comments: