Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dude, guys, alex is the mole!

First off, I wanna say that I have not read any spoilers on who the mole was, nor will I succumb to that particular temptation before the show wraps up. However, I am just absolutely convinced, with all the conviction that can exist in my 175-pound body, that Alex is the mole. And I love it.

Alex has been on my radar for a while, and I gotta say, he's done a great job being the mole. Very tricky, very tricky. As I mused about in a previous column, he did subtle sabotage in the first episode by going first and losing, attributing it to being the first one to go, and then was absolutely piss poor playing soccer. Well, we'll done w/ 4 episodes now and here are the additions: Alex sabotaged the luge game by putting up 2 apples and getting only 1 fruit correct, but blaming it smoothly on Nicole as she was the one who slipped up.

So many little things throughout have pointed to Alex, without the producers throwing a big sign on the screen that screams, "Alex is the mole!" I just don't get why people are still suspecting the other players, to be frank. Obviously, I could be wrong and just look like an idiot at the end of this, but seriously, and for that reason I've entertained ideas about it being someone else, but the signs just point to alex. If you look at it from a producer's point of view, alex in episode 1 supposedly suspected marcie in order to first establish a prime suspect, and indeed marcie was the prime supsect of the majority of the players, as voted on, until she left. Then, alex supposedly suspects nicole, the next primary suspect, and teams up with her in different challenges ( luge, piggy game) so that he can blame stuff on her. Alex never has to try too hard to sabotage missions, and many times he uses his producer-selected assets ( speaking Spanish to the natives) as a cover for his sabotage ( he gets back quickly w/ the piggies but then drops a bunch of them on the ground in an erroneous attempt to use the slingshot, which the producers probably told him to just absolutely bungle).

I'm soothed by the fact that victoria was eliminated cuz the episode before that it seemed like most boards speculated that she was the mole. Nada. My suspicions are being confirmed every week. Which leaves me to guess on a winner. I'm guessing paul is eliminated as some point cuz he trusts alex too much and is his friend, nicole might finally stop guessing wrong mole candidates like bobby and victoria, but clay and mark seem like the coalition that actually knows what it's doing. I'll go with the sentimental pick of mark, but i'd hate to see kristen win, just cuz she goes to UCLA ( haha, not really) but also cuz she seems like she's done nothing in this whole season. Honestly, very little. And people still think she's the mole? Puh-leez.

No comments: