Saturday, March 3, 2007

i'm back

Sorry about that guys, I was really busy the last couple of weeks, coupled with the fact that I was depressed about my fantasy teams, and this blog seemed null and void. However, I didn't want to leave this blog hanging and the "thousands in attendance" and "millions watching at home" without my presence for TOO LONG........wow hard to believe this blog has been in existence for over a month now. College life really moves fast.

I'm just a sophomore in college but I'm looking at law school already because I have enough credits now that I can graduate in 3 years.........I'm looking at UCLA right now cuz it's a top 15 law school, my mom lives in LA so hopefully i can scrounge some in-state tuition soon, and the GPA scores and LSAT scores match mine almost identically. Other candidates: UC-Berkeley, Duke, University of Chicago, those might be a reach, hopefully U of I is a safety school, University of Texas, UC-San Diego, I got a lot of choices, just gotta see how i do on the LSAT in June, how much i can afford.

But on to the fantasy news. Since last i wrote, i traded Elton Brand for Dwyane Wade at the all-star break, and the VERY FIRST GAME that wade after that, he separates his shoulder. Out for the season. Or is he? Some say there's an outside chance wade could come back in about 5 weeks or so, so MAYBE, MAYBE he comes back for the end of the reg. season. In any case, he's almost useless for me, in a league that i REALLY needed a boost in assists and steals and FT%. It hurts.

Yao coming back? Everytime this guy gets injured it seems nobody knows when he's really gonna get back. The Houston people are really mysterious about their injury statuses.

Josh Smith recorded 9 turnovers tonight to offset 18 points, good shooting #'s, lotta boards, 5 assists, 1 stl, 3 blks. The guy is a statfiller, but he also stuffs some of the wrong stats at times, and his %'s are not to be desired. I love'em but gotta live w/ some of the other stuff, kinda like baron davis numbers if you kno what i mean.

Kevin Martin = stud. I traded him after his quick first-half start and he did reside a lil' bit, but now he's cranking them points like nobody's business. Here's the thing: He only avg's 1.7 TO's, he shoots a lotta free throws at an 87% clip, and FG% of 49%. That's REALLY REALLY good. He's like the anti-josh smith: Just gets u "clean" numbers, no bad stats, doesn't necessarily give u those sexy stls or blks or assists. If you put smith and martin together on a team, they offset each other nicely.

Hot pickup = jason williams. Looks like he's getting more into the offense
Emerging stud= Al Jefferson. Can he really put it together for one full season? Fantasy owners everywhere cross their fingers.
The guys who shoulda been traded that didn't get traded at the deadline seem to have a point to prove. Gasol, Kidd, and Bibby all seem to be playing better after the non-moves, kidd especially is playing w/ cracked ribs and prolly a cracked heart after his wife filed for divorce.

Alright i'll stop there, tone it down a bit for my first post back in weeks.

O quick fan baseball note: I LOVE Dice-K. Japanese players are gonna continue their progress w/ Hideki coming back this year, Dice-K, Ichiro contract year. I'm loving'em.

-Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

No comments: