Sunday, September 8, 2019

Anniversary 기념일, 周年, 記念日

On 9/9/2017, MJ and I had our glorious wedding celebration! One of the best times of my life! And it's already been 2 years since that day! Kind of unbelievable actually, I remember the difference between an eighth grader in junior high to a sophomore in high school was HUGE, so many life changes like learning to drive a car, new friends.....becoming adult is like a license for time to fly by: no matter how much I try to prolong periods of my life, 2 years goes by quick I find myself the same, relatively unchanged, despite so many life changes.

9/9 was a great day to have a wedding in Los Angeles, and apparently many people agree! Just saw many many facebook posts of weddings this weekend. We were on the right track! A good reminder to treasure the times you have when you have them. I cheaped out on honeymoon accommodations to Hawaii and made MJ "feel cheap" on our honeymoon, and that magical time will be slightly tarnished by that decision, whereas I DID get some things right about our wedding like hiring a wedding photographer, booking the Intercontinental Hotel on our wedding night to stay at the top of the city in downtown LA (also, MJ's parents were in town and could sleep at our place that night, so it really worked out!) But 2 years is enough time already to look back at certain details of those glorious nights fondly and nostalgically, so I'm glad we had a wedding and can always look back on it as a marker to start our lives together. We need to put down these markers sometimes, as opposed to putting down markers for days where I was just at the office living a mundane life.

Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

No comments: