Sunday, April 10, 2016

Headache (ずつう - zutsuu - 頭痛)

I have a headache right now. I'm not sure what caused it, I'm not sure how long it will last.


1.) hangover- I'm a special case in that I don't really get hangovers the morning after drinking; I get headaches the night of the drinking. Sure this might be because I "wimp out" early in the night and don't fall asleep drunk, thus getting the hangover early, but I think it might be because the alcohol dissolves before I can get to sleep, causing

Solution: fall asleep, wake up, it's gone.

2.) I get dehydrated- happens after intense exercises, because I've lost a lot of liquid, don't get enough water. Probably what happened today- played dodgeball, didn't get hydrated enough, feeling the effects.

Solution: drink more water at a more timely time (right after the exercise)

3.) Carsick: when I try to read in the passenger seat or worse, in the backseat and the car jerks around a lot, takes a lot of curves and turns, or otherwise stop-and-go traffic.

Solution: always drive yourself so you have no one to blame. Don't read in the car, listen to a podcast. Also, if in the passenger seat, try talking to the driver! He/she probably enjoys the company, and would like you to navigate as well if unsure of destination.

4.) Seasick: the worst kind of headache, accompanied with stomach, nausea, etc.

Solution: : don't go whalewatching or on small boats. Ever.

5.) Getting into arguments: my mom says she gets these all the time, just from getting annoyed by arguing with me. I don't think if there's any scientific proof for these "annoyance" headaches, but I do find that my headaches correlate with getting annoyed and generally irritable especially by other people.
Solution: take a deep breath, improve one's mood.

6.) Being in high places, high altitudes
Solution: Go slow up there, not as much air.

7.) Being otherwise sick: flu, cold, having a fever, especially when having a high temperature.
Solution: Sleep for me cures all.

8.) Slept too long: Sleep is the solution until it isn't and becomes the problem. Especially after afternoon naps, head doesn't know where
Solution: Set an alarm clock for taking a nap, about 10-20 minutes, don't be greedy.


Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

No comments: