Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fantasy Baseball Goes Horribly Wrong! (大失敗 )

I've had a horrible fantasy baseball season this past season. It was a daishippai (大失敗 ) (miserable fail)That is all.

Seriously, almost everything that could go wrong went wrong.

I traded the best pitcher in the game (Clayton Kershaw) for an injury-prone center fielder (Carloz Gomez) at the beginning of the season.

Stephen Strasburg was hurt for me the whole season, or pitched horribly when he wasn't hurt, until I traded him for Johnny Cueto who sucked as soon as I got him and Strasburg did great down the stretch in August and September in crucial fantasy playoff weeks racking up multiple double-digit strikeout games.

Everybody laughed at me in my fantasy baseball league.
The myth I tried to perpetuate that "I was special" was dispelled. (btw, did you know that "dispel" is spelled that way and not "dispell?" A horribly ironic word for kids to spell wrong in a spelling bee, IMO, which has actually happened in spelling bee history. Truly 大失敗. 

My only really good hitter all year was Buster Posey.....until I traded him. 
I traded Manny Machado even after 2 months in which he was showing signs of a true breakout season......and he subsequently kept going off for a 34 homer, 20 steal season. 

May that never happen again to me in fantasy baseball. 

Fantasize on, 

Robert Yan 




No comments: