Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Early Season Nicknames


I love giving nicknames to players, as the people in my USC Law Fantasy Baseball league know. Here is a compilation of some nicknames (this is indicative of my writing style) that are based on early baseball season results:

Andrew "Straight Cash, Homie" Cashner
Juan "I know my rights" Miranda (Not relevent)
Starlin "How am I not from Cuba" Castro (Starlin's Starting his Sophomore Season Superbly)
Nelson "I'll Have what he's having" Cruz (After homering in each of his first four games)

Josh "I'm Done" Beckett (Boston's 0-4 to start season)
Joe "Well Played," Mauer (Singles home winning run today at Yankee Stadium)
Alex "How Many time can I be compared to George Brett" Gordon (actually has looked like Brett so far to start the season)
Aaron "Petco May Revive My Career" Harang (wins v. defending champs today at Petco)
Yovani "God" Gallardo (Unhittable today in 1-0 Brewer victory)
Dan "His Name is Dan" Uggla (not my nickname, but awesome nonetheless)
Jimmy "How Soon will I get Hurt" Rollins - getting off to his typical hot start, soon to be derailed by inevitable injury.
Yunel "YOOOOOUUUUUUU" Escobar (walk-off HR for the Jays)
Michel "The Future is here" Pineda
Jhoulys "Don't make fun of my name" Chacin (hurls 7 innings of shutout baseball v. Dodgers)
Luke "The Light Bulb" Hochevar (got lit up again, this time by White Sox......this guy is the Royals' ace?)

No comments: