Friday, April 11, 2008

Aspirations of appearing on Reality TV

Ahh, it's that time of year again.... I find that over the course of my life i have a lot of phases that I go through, and right about now i'm firmly entrenched in my reality TV craze. Call it illusions of grandeur, celebrity-chasing, pure insanity, or whatever, but i firmly believe that one day I will be on a Reality TV show. And do well.

I've been watching a lot of these reality TV shows since they become popular ( and since a lot of TV viewers bashed them for being low quality). I agree, a lot of them are pure trash ( Temptation Island, ManHunt, Rock of Love, the next great inventor come to mind), but a lot of them are, for me, very tempting.

Below I've compiled the list of shows I would want to be on:

1.) The Mole
2.) Big Brother
3.) Survivor
4.) Amazing Race
5.) The apprentice


This is, of course, all given that these shows still exist in a few years when I'm in my prime. The only reason I've been stopped all these years is that I'm not yet 21, that happens May 9th of this year for anyone checking. I feel like the clock's ticking down, but for once in my life I feel like MY OWN LIFE is moving too slow in that I'm not catching up to the reality TV craze. I REALLY REALLY HOPE that the mole does well in its return this season on ABC, not only cuz i'm a big fan but cuz i'd FINALLY be eligible for the next casting call.
And if I sound like i'm a lunatic, feel free to read on to the fantasy advice. As always. No pressure.
One main aspect of my reality TV aspirations: I'm not necessarily in it to become famous/ start a movie career/ anything like that. My main motivation for going on a strategy show like the mole or big brother is just to the play the game. I love the premise behind these shows of mystery and intrigue ( the mole ) as well as power and social relationship that I feel like I've learned as much as I can as to how best to play the games, and I want to be in there, I want to be part of the game and show off my intellectual/ strategical prowess. I feel like I can do so much better than some of my contestants. The drool from licking my chops is dripping to the ground. Reality TV producers, this is all you need to know:

* I would LOVE to be part of any reality TV show and would compete at every waking moment and give you and the rest of the viewing nation some pure entertainment.

Haha. 'Nuff of the self-plug.

Early returns from the young, young baseball season:

Mark Reynolds, a guy nobody drafted, is off to a crazy-hot start, 5 HR's with 13 RBI's already. He's not like the annual Chris Shelton, though, he will not cool off dramatically and get sent to Triple A anytime soon. Although ESPN's Mr. Roto saying he will get 40 HR's is a little ludicrous, this is just one of many young Snakes that is primed for a breakout season.
The snakes really have started off hot, and it's actually cuz of hitting so far rather than their m.o. last year, pitching. Eric Byrnes, Justin Upton, Reynolds, Chris Young all have gotten hot, and those guys aren't even batting in the 3-4 slots tonight, the prototypical "best hitter" positions.

Carlos Pena w/ the biggest offensive night so far in the season, w/ a 2 of 3, 2 runs, 2 Home Runs, 6 RBI night against the orioles. Wow. Stock up on this guy.

So far I've been right on getting off the prince fielder bandwagon. This guy hasn't seen the light of day w/ 5 runs and 5 rbi's but no HR's. BA was .242 to start the night, went down more tonight. However, it's early.

Good thing it's early, too, cuz Alfonso Soriano is another bust so far w/ a .170 BA. He does have 2 HR's, but this guy is such a freeswinger. Good thing he's a streak hitter and dependable source of offensive production u can be patient on.

The general trend so far all around baseball is that pitching is prevailing on the most part. This is to be expected as it's april, there's rain delays, cold weather, bad swinging mechanics so far, but as soon as summer comes around there seems to be magic pixie dust floating around to make hitter's bats come alive and baseballs fly out of stadiums. Therefore, I'd say to be a little more inclined to be patient on a struggling hitter than a struggling pitcher...........hitters should come around. But hey, what do i know. I waited and waited for jason bay last year...............disaster.

Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

No comments: