Sunday, June 13, 2010

24 Marathon


Like running into traffic in L.A., I knew it would happen, and sure enough like clockwork it did: As the summer started going, my brain shut off, I've really slacked off (outside of work), and I'm currently in a mad marathon of 24. So for this edition of fantasy guru, let me update you on 24 things I think are relevant in my world today (and yours).

1.It's June!!! Everyone, everywhere, should be going outside and enjoying yourselves a bit!!! The bad weather's gone, the sun is out, opportunities are just waiting for you, and for young people, maybe even a summer romance.
2. Spelling bee = after I signed off on Round 6, the finals were a bit....unfortunate. The bee will probably never admit to this, but my theory is that the words stayed REALLY difficult this year, but the quality of spellers was a bit lower than last year. (No offense to the spellers). More than 50% of the words given in the finals were misspelled, the attrition rate was huge, and it didn't help that there was a HUGE miscommunication for Laura Newcombe's "confiserie..." (pretty sure most casual observers were also like, "Huh? She didn't even know what the word was?") But alas, again, as most spelling bee goes, the best speller usually wins, and this year definitely Anamika Veeramani was the best speller of the year. Congrats. Watch out for the young guns from this year, they'll be seasoned vets next year.
3. World Cup: USA/England. Robert Greene. Wow.
4. The End of the World in 2012? Man let's hope not. That means we might only have 2.5 years left.
5. 24 is a pretty sweet show. Although, season 2 moves kinda slow in the beginning. And WAY too many David & Sherry Palmer dialogues.
6. Goin' back to Chicago in like a month. First time in 2 years. Exciting.
7. Salivating at the prospect of Big Brother 12 on the horizon. Da Man unfortunately will not be appearing on the show for all to see but will be greedily viewing the whole season nonetheless.
8. Did I mention Robert Greene's gaffe? Right off his Mickey Mouse gloves. Wow.
9. Congrats to all those 2L law students who are currently big firm summer associates now. Sounds like hard work but also some sweet perks from it. Good luck.
10. Also a pat on the back to all 2L law students who are working at other positions (like myself) this summer to stay strong and keep working at it, hang in there!!!
11. USC Football Academic Sanctions = eh. Like going to sleep with a lot of alcohol in your body, you know you can put off the pain but it's gonna come sooner or later. It's not like the Trojans were gonna win the Pac-10 this coming season, but I'm kinda glad anyway I bailed on the season ticket package.
12. MLB Baseball season can be summed up like this: Yankees will repeat in 2010. Mark it.
13. Am I only done with half of the 24 things? Sheesh I'm exhausted.
14. Reading other people's blogs can be insightful. I tried it out today.....I still think mine's the best.
15. "California Gurls" the song of the summer? Maybe.
16. I've actually gotten a bit inundated by that song, maybe cuz I listen to it twice a day, once going to work and once coming back. It's time for me and Katy to take a break, methinks.
17. Important to change your oil and take care of your car folks, take it from me.
18. Get Him to the Greek = HILARIOUS. Didn't seem to get the same reaction from others like I thought it did and got beat at the box office its opening weekend. If the premiere comedy of the last 10 years was Old School, Greek was slightly below that.
19. Aziz Ansari = The Big Hot Thing in Show Biz of 2010.
20. This time next year I should be taking the bar. Sheesh, not looking forward to that.
21. Hopefully this time next year the economy will have sufficiently rebounded ( = no double-dip recession, thanks!)
22. Hopefully this time next year I will have my first full-time job lined up. (fingers crossed, eyes closed, really hoping)
23. Hopefully this time next year I will have completed the best year of my life...(starting now til June 13, 2011) and you, the reader, will have too. (Man, this is getting a little drippy, isn't it? My bad, feel free to grab some tissues if you need to cry).
24. Really, like George Mason (Director of CTU said in 24) said, in life, just do what you like doing. And I'm gonna do that right now......more 24.

Fantasize on,

Robert Yan

No comments: