Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dawn of a new day

So tonight is the last night I'll have before I officially begin law school at the University of Southern California. Sure, for the last week or so we've had orientation days to get us acquainted with the whole process, but tomorrow it truly, truly begins.

Preparing for law school has been an interesting experience, insofar as the thing I've been waiting for hasn't even begun it. The last several weeks have been shrouded in a mist of the last days of summer, including the last weeks of day camp, a long weekend at Disneyland with my hometown friends, and the monumental Olympic games in China. However, not lost amongst these moments was the realization that law school was quickly upon me, that those days of freedom will inevitably come to an end. And soon.

I'm writing with the understanding that in about 3 months I can look back on this blog and realize the naivete and amateurish attitude that I had at this point before law school even started, but here are my thoughts about how the next few months are gonna go: Law school will be tough. There will be lots of work, lots of readings. There will be deadlines to meet, outlines to produce, professors to meet, and pressures to alleviate. I will have my ups and downs, exhilarating highs ( I don't mean the drug kind, or at least i hope not) and depressing lows. However, I will come out of this semester much more prepared for a career in law, but also more complete as a person because I will have mastered a semester of one of the toughest endeavors of anybody anywhere: law school. Well, hopefully, I'll master it. Let me tone that down a bit: I'll have survived, haha.

Anyway, on a lighter note, guess I'm an idiot. The mole was NOT alex. I would most assuredly have been eliminated from the Mole if I had gone 100% for alex at the executions. But the thing is, I woulda never went 100% for someone until the final 4 or 3 because the format of the show makes playing the odds ( a.k.a. targeting everybody so that you at least get some questions right) the best strategy. You just have to AVOID being the worst tester on any given quiz, you don't have to get the best score. I don't understand why the contestants don't understand that. And i'm gonna just hush hush it up from now cuz if I ever DO get on the mole ( fingers crossed) i don't wanna fellow contestants stealing my startegy.

I guess Craig was a good mole. But I feel like Alex would have been so much more deceptive. Craig had a built-in excuse every time he failed. O, and also, I felt like he overestimated his social ability to manipulate other players. Sure, being friends with other players probably brushed off some suspicion, but it's not as if he personally executed every single player through HIS game player. Gotta give other players more credit than that, Craig. But overall, good job.

Olympics are also over. Man, there was some drama this year. Can't remember the games being so exciting. There were a lot of close finishes, anxious moments to wait for judges' scores, etc. It was quite the spectacle. Wish I was there.

sorry for the lack of baseball knowledge trinketts, friends. I'll try to be back w/ more of that, but law school does start, and the first year is the most important of all. But I'll try.

Fantasize on,
Robert Yan

No comments: